ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] New message ANR1626I

2012-08-03 12:26:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] New message ANR1626I
From: Alex Paschal <apaschal5 AT FRONTIER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 09:21:04 -0700
Hi, Bill.

I used to keep a file of message regular expressions I didn't want to
see.  Then I would:
dsmadmc -console -id=me -pa=secret | grep -uivf file
You could even alias it you don't have to type it all the time.
alias startconsole='/usr/bin/dsmadmc -console -id=me -pa=secret | grep
-uivf file'

file would be something like:
anr0422w
issued command: query
ane4005e

You could add:
ANR1226I.*was repeated [1-5] times
or simply
ANR[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]I
to cut out all ANRxxxxI messages.

The end result is the console messages with various messages grepped out
- things like client session start/end, successful mounted, successful
dismounted, whatever I didn't want to see in realtime. This same trick
might help you out.

Note:  The "issued command: query" was a cute one.  It allowed me to see
what the other admins were doing when they did defines/updates, but
protected me from seeing all their queries.  I found it very handy.