ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM V6.3 with IBM TS3200 I/O stations issue

2012-07-30 12:13:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM V6.3 with IBM TS3200 I/O stations issue
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:05:49 -0400
-----Victor Shum wrote: -----

>> We were trying to use the TS-3200 I/O station to handle checkin and
>> checkout of tape.  After we change the TS3200 library to enable I/O
>> station; then reboot the tape library and restart the TSM server.
>>We still cannot checkout any tape to the I/O station.

As far as I know, the tape library checking TSM does during initialization
is pretty much the same as an 'audit library' command. The documentation
for that command does not suggest that it would be capable of detecting
the appearance of an I/O station in an existing library. My guess is that
you will need to delete and redefine the library to get TSM to recognize
the presence of the I/O station. This would entail checking out the volumes
before deleting the library and checking them in after redefining the
library.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital