ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving to TSM Capacity based licensing from PVU - experiences

2012-07-16 08:26:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving to TSM Capacity based licensing from PVU - experiences
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:23:54 +0000
Hi Ian,

As I understood IBM will make an different offer for each customer so that
there is a (short term) profit. However on the long term you will pay more to
IBM imho since data will grow faster than the number of cores in your servers.
After all hardware replacement is done once every 4 years or later on.

The only advantage is that the capacity based licensing is more easy to
calculate than the PVU based.

Regards,
Kurt