ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM V6 tape labels

2012-06-28 03:29:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM V6 tape labels
From: Victor Shum <victorshum AT CADEX.COM DOT HK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:23:59 +0800
Dear All :

I am implementing a TSM V6 EE on AIX with IBM TS3200 with 4 x LTO5 drive.
Is it any easy way that I can use different LTO-barcode labeling scheme for
primary and copy pool ?

My concerns is : DRM will be implement to handle offsite tape cycling, when
offsite tape media back to the Tape library; it shall become "scratch" type.
So I concerns those tape may be reused by the primary pool.  So it seems
that cannot use different tape labeling scheme for primary and copy pool..

e.g. BON000 ~ BON999 label will be used for primary pool tape media;  BOF000
~ BOF999 labels will be used for all copypool..

Best regards,

Victor Shum