ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM = iSeries (BRMS?)

2012-06-25 18:50:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM = iSeries (BRMS?)
From: Eric Thompson <ethompson AT ITLIFELINE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:43:41 -0700
Does TSM have an iSeries client?  If so, can it do an 'incremental'
backup of the changed data on an AS/400?

Or does it treat the data like a 'blob' and pick it all up each night?

Do you need to use BRMS?

If you use BRMS and point it to TSM via the API, can BRMS do a daily
'incremental' backup of the data and only send changes each night?

We've got an iSeries that has approx. 800 GB of data (of which a small
amount changes daily).

It isn't feasible for us to pick-up all 800 GB each night and send it to
the TSM server (at a remote location) due to bandwidth limitations.

We would be able to send only the 'incremental' changes each night.

Thanks.   Eric