ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] FW: Backup retention methods - TDP for SAP

2012-06-25 17:29:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] FW: Backup retention methods - TDP for SAP
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:23:43 +1000
Wanda

I'd say definitely use server side.

Issue 1.  if you keep n copies, configured client side, you always keep
n copies, even if the backup frequency is changed or the node is retired.

Issue 2,  Some Basis guy will unilaterally  decide that he wants another
10 versions, change that parameter on the client and you will have no
idea that it has happened.  They seem happy to change paramateres that
are configured, but not ones that are not.  My experience is that most
basis admins have no idea how the TDP works and indeed don't seem to
want to know.

Regards

Steve.

Steven Harris