ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Netapp share on a windows box and journaling

2012-06-23 15:50:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] Netapp share on a windows box and journaling
From: Geoff Gill <avalnche96 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:47:06 -0700
I was wondering if some old notes I have from a couple of years ago are still
good, or maybe even incorrect or out of date. I was investigating a couple of
shares that were coming from a netapp unit to a Windows client that someone
wanted backed up. My notes indicated at the time in order to get them backed up
we added a line DOMAIN \\xx.xx.xx.xx\sharename and that worked. Even though
they showed up as a drive letter adding DOMAIN F: did not seem to work but
perhaps it was just a permission thing and/or something else and I'm not
recalling correctly.

My other recollection was that you could not journal these drives but maybe I'm
not recalling this correctly either.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank You
Geoff Gill