ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] UN-mixing LTO-4 and LTO-5

2012-06-12 18:30:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] UN-mixing LTO-4 and LTO-5
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:27:13 -0500
Defining separate libraries had occurred to me, but it seems like it
could also be dangerous, if both logical libraries were to try to check
in the same volume using a search. How do I avoid that? That is, if I
create two libraries, one of them with the LTO-4 drives and the other
with the LTO-5 drives, both libraries will have access to all the tape
slots. Does this mean I cannot use CHECKIN LIBVOL SEARCH=YES but instead
I should check in new volumes by name? Would this be similar to sharing
a physical library with another application, except that the other
application happens to be the same TSM server?

This configuration of two logical library definitions for one physical
library would appear to have some risks. Or is it safe? Are there any
other problems I should expect with this kind of configuration?