ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RMAN Options Unix

2012-06-09 04:29:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RMAN Options Unix
From: Grigori Solonovitch <Grigori.Solonovitch AT AHLIUNITED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 11:26:43 +0300
I am sorry for some broken lines in given example. Correct list is:

include * AIX                              - actually, no need to have this,
but AIX is default management class
include /.../* FSLPAR05                    - all AIX files (there is no
database files, because are using raw logical volume as datafiles)
include /ifnd/.../* DBLPAR05               - management class for 3 Oracle
databases (node is different from node for normal files)
include /patm/.../* DBLPAR05
include /ptel/.../* DBLPAR05
exclude.dir /home/oracle/admin/ifns/adump  - just to exclude Oracle audit files
from backups (very big number of files)
exclude.dir /home/oracle/admin/patm/adump
exclude.dir /home/oracle/admin/ptel/adump
exclude.dir /home/oracle/product           - exclude Oracle home from backups
(no sense to backup)
exclude.compression *.Z                    - exclude compression for already
compressed files
include.encrypt /ifns_ifns/.../*           - encrypt database backups (rman
backups)
include.encrypt /patm_patm/.../*
include.encrypt /ptel_ptel/.../*
include.encrypt *.dmp.Z                    - encrypt databse dumps

Of course, this include/exclude list is used by TSM Client to backup AIX flat
files (normal file systems), database dumps and databases via RMAN --> TDPO -->
TSM Client. In addition, it contains lines for compression and encryption data.
Note I am using two different nodes for file systems and databases like LPAR05
and LPAR05_ORA with dedicated dsm.sys configuration files:
1) for file systems /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64/dsm.sys:

SErvername                BKME
   COMMmethod             TCPip
   TCPPort                1500
   TCPServeraddress       tsmsrv1
   passwordaccess         generate
   resourceutilization    2
   largecommbuffer        yes
   TCPbuffsize            32
   TCPnodelay             yes
   TCPwindowsize          1024
   TXNbytelimit           262144
   Nodename               LPAR05
   Encryptiontype         AES128
   Encryptkey             generate
   InclExcl               /backup/tsm/ba/InclExcl.list
   dirmc                  FSLPAR05
   schedmode              prompted
   User                   sa27162 sa25577 edp11797 edp18562

2) for databases /usr/Tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.sys:

SErvername              BKME
   COMMmethod           TCPip
   TCPPort              1500
   TCPServeraddress     tsmsrv1
   passwordaccess       prompt
   resourceutilization  2
   largecommbuffer      yes
   TCPbuffsize          32
   TCPnodelay           yes
   TCPwindowsize        1024
   TXNbytelimit         262144
   NODENAME             LPAR05_ORA
   Encryptiontype       AES128
   Encryptkey           generate
   dirmc                DBLPAR05
   Inclexcl             /backup/tsm/ba/InclExcl.list

In addition, I have TDPO configuration file used by rman like:

DSMI_ORC_CONFIG         /backup/tsm/api/dsm.opt
DSMI_LOG                /backup/tsm/log
TDPO_FS                 ifns
TDPO_NODE               LPAR05_ORA
TDPO_OWNER              oracle
TDPO_PSWDPATH           /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64
TDPO_TRACE_FLAGS ORCLEVEL0
TDPO_TRACE_FILE /home/oracle/admin/tdpo/ifns.trc

Note, TDPO_FS defines file space name for database backups and this file space
name is used in include/exclude list similar to normal file system.

So, as you see, it is not so simple.

In addition,

Grigori G. Solonovitch
Senior Technical Architect  Ahli United Bank Kuwait  www.ahliunited.com.kw

Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail