ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP for SQL GUI Restore

2012-06-08 09:55:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL GUI Restore
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 09:37:02 -0400
I just need a sanity check before I submit a PMR, to make sure my brain hasn't
just checked out on something simple.

TDP for SQL 5.5.5.1 trying to perform a database restore via the gui.  I want
to restore to the same instance, but a different database name (Restore into)
and file (relocate).  The problems I am having are:

1.       When I check the particular log backup, it is not auto-selecting the
previous logs, diff & full required.  I've reread the doc several times and
gone step by step, but it is just not working.  Same issue if I select a diff,
it does not auto-select the necessary full.

2.       If I do manually check all the objects needed, the restore into seems
to carry over, but not the relocate - i.e. I have to right click on every
object and change the relocate names

I'm thinking it's time to submit a PMR, but thought I'd throw it out there just
in case it's something I'm doing wrong.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Windows Backup/Recovery
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm