ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] API/BA client compatibility

2012-06-07 17:15:04
Subject: [ADSM-L] API/BA client compatibility
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 14:11:02 -0700
I'm looking at using the API client to try to track backup usage
generated by the BA client back to the particular object owner. I've
written a test client based around the callret.c sample code, and can
get it to connect, but I get a DSM_RC_UNKNOWN_FORMAT return code for
every object I process.

From the documentation I see that the BA client can perform some
limited set of operations on objects backed up using the API, but I
can't find anything on the reverse. Does anyone know if it's possible to
query objects backed up using the BA client by an API client?

Thanks,

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354