ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] More on Library Manager/Library Client

2012-06-07 12:24:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] More on Library Manager/Library Client
From: "Colwell, William F." <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:15:43 +0000
Hi Geoff,

are you aware of the new command in 6.3, "perform libaction"?  I haven't run it
yet, but the help
seems to be saying that if you have san discovery running, then just define the
library and then
run the command and it will create all the drives and paths.

I have 2 scripts which run in the library manager to give the status of things.

First, 'qdr'. It selects from the drives and paths table to get the status of
each drive.
It also calls a script in the clients to get info about what they are doing
with the drives.
Notice that it finds an error, a path is offline (and will be forever, the
drive is busted and off
maintenance).

tsm: LIBRARY_MANAGER>run qdr

DRIVE          Online?     ELEMENT     Serial number     DEVICE
STATUS         VOLUME     USER
----------     -------     -------     -------------     ----------------
----------     ------     --------------------------
DRIVE00        NO              500     MXP9A00Q1K        /dev/rmt/3mt
EMPTY
DRIVE01        YES             501     MXP9C03CFC        /dev/rmt/7mt
LOADED         004213     TSM_SERVER_2_FOR_DESKTOPS
DRIVE02        NO              502     HUL2L00510        /dev/rmt/4mt
EMPTY
DRIVE03        NO              503     MXP6K01S8B        /dev/rmt/8mt
EMPTY
DRIVE04        YES             504     MXP081372B        /dev/rmt/15mt
EMPTY
DRIVE05        YES             505     MXP07455EV        /dev/rmt/12mt
EMPTY
DRIVE06        YES             506     MXP0913CKG        /dev/rmt/13mt
EMPTY
DRIVE07        NO              507     HU10847L10        /dev/rmt/14mt
EMPTY

Paths offline
Path from server TSM_SERVER_2_FOR_DESKTOPS    to drive DRIVE00              is
not online
ANR1699I Resolved TSM1 to 4 server(s) - issuing command RUN tapes  against
server(s).
ANR1687I Output for command 'RUN tapes ' issued against server
TSM_SERVER_2_FOR_DESKTOPS follows:

process                          Tape in use
----------------------------
EXP N                             Current input volumes: 004213,(2689 Seconds)

Second, 'qlib'.  This just lists the counts of tapes and which client server
owns them.  This is a dual media
setup, lto2 and lto3.

tsm: LIBRARY_MANAGER>run qlib

 Free cells
-----------
         23

STATUS           MEDIATYPE     Count of tapes
----------     -----------     --------------
Cleaner                387                  2
Private                394                 87
Private                417                383
Scratch                394                169
Scratch                417                 14

Server name                          Tapes owned by server
LIBRARY_MANAGER                                          4
TSM_SERVER_2_FOR_DESKTOPS                              183
TSM_SERVER_FOR_DESKTOPS                                 58
TSM_SERVER_FOR_SERVERS                                 225

I am willing to send you the scripts, or put them in a common download site.

Hope this helps,

Bill Colwell
Draper Lab