[ADSM-L] More on Library Manager/Library Client
I'd like to go back to my post yesterday on this subject to see if there are
folks out there using this functionality who would be willing to share their
typical daily problems. This kind of goes along with the other post from
yesterday when Nick brought up the "Teaching Problem Solving" issue. Since I'm
what you would call "one of those contractors" now, and even my contacts are
half a world away, I will be relied upon to work the other half of the
schedule. I'm also asking because I have no experience with this configuration
but will soon be involved in troubleshooting problems. While I'm sure I will
initially look fairly ignorant on the subject, even though they knew up front
my experience, I'd prefer to be proactive and find out as much as possible,
from wherever possible, what folks consider to be their daily routine in this
area and how they go about locating and fixing problems. I'm also wondering if
the problems are the same sort of issues we see
with a single TSM server/library/drive(s) configurations. These won't be all
the questions so please add what you wish. As with all IBM publications what I
see it the "how to's" related to initializing systems, at least I haven't seen
any troubleshooting advice for those who are coming into new situations. Hence
the reason I go here.
So here are some of my questions:
1. What are some of the daily issues you see related to the manager/client
setup/communication if any and what commands do you run to see if everything
2. Where do you start if you're running commands to see if things "look good"?
From the documentation it looks like they are typically all run from the
Library Manager. Is this correct?
3. Are there any configurations to view from the client?
4. What commands do you run to view configurations/errors?
5. If you have scripts would you be willing to share them? Would you also be
willing to share a snip-it of their output?
6. Are there client logs to check?
7. What commands, if any, might you use on the server logs to locate problems?
8. Since I don't know the environment yet I don't know if scripts are already
set up, but I do know that no matter what I've done I've always found someone
here who has done it better. This is why I keep my own list of commands and
scripts over the years. Unfortunately I have nothing related to this subject
since I was never exposed to it.
I would really appreciate any and all information those willing to share have.
In the mean time I'll see if I can search old messages for some clues that
might get me started.
Thank You all for anything you can provide.