ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Thoughts and experiences on Technote: Local fix information for APAR IC82886

2012-06-05 17:37:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Thoughts and experiences on Technote: Local fix information for APAR IC82886
From: "Colwell, William F." <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 21:35:30 +0000
Hi Sergio,

I ran the fix up procedure on 2 small 6.3.1 instances and at went well, no
problems.
I didn't have to run anything more than the directions.

If you plan to do a lot of dedup running this is a good idea before your
instances
gets too big.

I will not be running it on my 6.1 servers where the table in each instance has
> 3 billion rows,
the outage would be too long.

The text says   "Because of the required server outage and the fact that not
all server users experience
 the problem, the server does not perform this reconfiguration automatically"
so the 6.3.3 fix will
not do this automatically.

Bill Colwell
Draper Lab