ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Questions about language support and tsm server

2012-06-05 09:12:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] Questions about language support and tsm server
From: "Lee, Gary" <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 09:04:58 -0400
Red hat linux enterprise 6

Tsm servers 6.2.2 and 6.2.4.

I am putting together a new tsm server, and also while I am at it cleaning up
an existing server.

The language support package groups installable as part of redhat enterprise 6.
 Are they simply for displaying foreign languages correctly in the gui desktop?

What I am really asking, is if I do not install these, will they effect tsm
server operation in any way?

I never use gui tools, always operate from the command line, so have no
experience with this.

Thanks for any insights.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer