ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Different treatment of ANS and ANE messages in the server activity log

2012-05-31 05:22:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Different treatment of ANS and ANE messages in the server activity log
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:18:48 +0100
Richard

It's an interesting point you make. In our (predominantly Windows)
environment, lots of ANS messages are showing up in the activity log. We
see the following on a fairly regular basis:

B/A client messages:
ANS4251W: System Writer's file 'filename': not found.
ANS4083I: New node password has been generated.

TSM for VE messages:
ANS4148E: Full VM backup of Virtual Machine 'vmname' failed with RC rc
ANS4150E: Incremental backup of Virtual Machine 'vmname' failed with RC rc
ANS4151E: Failure mounting Virtual Machine 'vmname'. RC=rc

IBM seem to have blurred the distinction between ANS and ANE messages
somewhat. For an example compare the following which are both logged in the
server activity log:
ANE4147I: Successful Full VM backup of Virtual Machine 'vmname'
ANS4148E: Full VM backup of Virtual Machine 'vmname' failed with RC rc

I don't understand why one should have an ANE prefix and the other is an
ANS. Following my post yesterday, IBM are taking a keener interest in my
PMR so I'll perhaps address the question to them.

Regards
Neil

Spotted a leak?
If you spot a leak please report it immediately. Call us on 0800 57 3553 or go
to http://www.yorkshirewater.com/leaks

Get a free water saving pack
Don't forget to request your free water and energy saving pack, it could save
you money on your utility bills and help you conserve water.
http://www.yorkshirewater.com/savewater

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject to the
legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682