ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 答复: [ADSM-L] backup stgpool - command issue

2012-05-17 20:49:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] 答复: [ADSM-L] backup stgpool - command issue
From: Victor Shum <victorshum AT CADEX.COM DOT HK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 08:39:14 +0800
Dear Shawn:

Thanks for reply.

The ANR12281 is refer to one of the tape in the primary pool.

So is backup-stgpool use to create another set of tape same as the primary
pool ?  Since the existing tape library slot (48 slot)is not enough to hold
all backup of primary pool; 14 version of user data (each version require 4
to 6 LTO5).  So we try to implement the backup like;

1.  daily schedule backup data to primary pool (daily selective / full
backup)
2.  backup stgpool to copypool
3.  backup TSM DB
4.  checkout all tape in the library
5.  check in new tape in the library
6.  checking any expired tape
recycle the daily job

the copypool' tape will be transport to DR site, while the primary pool tape
will be store at the safe and reuse for after 14 day

We think we just daily duplicate the primary pool to copypool (using backup
stgpool), and check out all active tape.  Manually trace when the tape shall
be expire; then reuse (cycle) those tape again to make the things work...

So if we need to have the data retention period of 14 but don't have enough
tape slot in the tape library to hold all primary pool tape media.  We have
no way out !!

OR Shall we just shorter the retention period like: from 14 to 10 day, so
that the tape library can hold all the tape inside.  Use DRM to generate and
manage offsite tape form us ??

Best regards,

Victor Shum