ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Mega-Exchange backup

2012-05-15 09:52:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Mega-Exchange backup
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 08:43:07 -0500
We also stager full / incrs every other day, If you're backing up 1.2TB
in 14hrs you're only achieving 22MBS, you may have a performance
opportunity such as checking Disk I/O on your backup server as well as
the Exchange host for constraints, mutli stream your backups one thread
per stggroup and check your network links, ensure other Exchange
housekeeping tasks arnt running during backup window assuming you have a
gig NIC for backups you should see 60-80MBS assuming solid cfg as the
Exchange stggrps usually stream well.

Regards,

Charles