ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Size of actice data pool ?

2012-04-27 12:13:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Size of actice data pool ?
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:09:44 -0400
You can run a preview on the "copy activedata" command.(i.e.  copy active
data xxx xxxx preview=yes)  This should tell you what you want to know.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
guenther_bergmann AT GBERGMANN DOT DE

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
04/27/2012 11:35 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Size of actice data pool ?

Hi all,

given the following setup:
TSM 5.5
Primary storage pool of device class FILE
Copy ool on LTO -tapes, managed by DRM
Primary pool ist copied daily to the copy pool

Since the Copy pool is reaching some limitations ( # of  tapes, vault
capacity) we are thinking about setting up an active data pool and copying
the
active data pool to the copy pool.

The question: How to estimate the size of the active data pool in compared
the primary pool?

Is there something like:
QUERY OCCUPANCY ACTIVEDATAONLY=YES ?
Can it be done with some SQL query?
I can geht the numbers (active/inactive) from the backups table, but it
does
not give the size of the backed up objects.

Any hints on this?

regards Günther

--
Guenther Bergmann, Am Kreuzacker 10, 63150 Heusenstamm, Germany
Guenther_Bergmann at gbergmann dot de

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.