ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DataDomain and dedup per node

2012-04-23 11:14:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DataDomain and dedup per node
From: "Schneider, Jim" <jschneider AT USSCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:06:07 -0500
We have already encountered this situation although TSM was not part of
the picture.  Oracle data that was written directly to the DD was not
deleted by the RMAN cleanup process.  Our DD utilization at the
replication client was above 95% and we needed to reclaim space.  We
deleted several TB of old data and the DBAs implemented RMAN cleanup.
We had to wait for the snapshots to expire, then had to wait for the
Tuesday DD cleaning process.  With daily snapshots/one week retention it
took about two weeks for deleted files to finally stop using space.

Jim Schneider