ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM File device Class File names

2012-04-18 16:24:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM File device Class File names
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:20:16 -0500
I have server A using sequential device class on a Data Domain.  All of it
works well.
I have server DR in a remote location with the replication partner for the Data
Domain.
I can restore the DB to server DR with no problems.  The problem starts when I
try to restore data.  Server A uses lowercase file names and Server DR is
looking for uppercase file names.  Because the DD is case sensitive the files
do not exist.
How can I make the TSM servers use the same case file names?  Why are they not
already since Server DR is a restored copy of Server A?
The paths to the storage are exactly the same and there is no issue restoring
the DB.

ANR8501E System return code 5 received opening volume
\\USDD01B\BACKUP\US801-REP\FS_D_FILEP_02\0000027C.BFS with file name
\\USDD01B\BACKUP\US801-REP\FS_D_FILEP_02\0000027c.bfs

TSM v6.2.3.0
Windows 2008 R2

Andy Huebner

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying
or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

Thank you.