ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.3 DB2 Deadlock

2012-04-17 01:30:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.3 DB2 Deadlock
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT DA.KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:52:16 +0000
I find my DB2 database in a deadlock condition.  It's been deadlocked for about
40 hours.

It's run fine for many, many months until this weekend.

Running on Windows 2008 R2.

During node backup, migration kicked in (as it does frequently).  But,
apparently, migration is trying to move a file that a node is backing up?

Anyone have a suggestion?  I've opened a PMR but don't have a response yet.

I hesitate to halt/restart the TSM service without some guidance.

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Department of Administration - Office of Information
Technology Services
Harold.Vandeventer AT da.ks DOT gov
(785) 296-0631