ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Objects Assigned vs. Your Database.

2012-04-16 23:10:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Objects Assigned vs. Your Database.
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:51:41 -0400
At 05:08 PM 4/16/2012, Prather, Wanda wrote:
>But from experience at a customer where we had similar problems (Win2K8
>clients were taking 8 hours for the incremental systemstate backup), the
>long-term solution is to get your clients to a V6.2+ TSM server.

I'll echo Wanda's observations.  We've been at 6.2 for awhile now, and it has
solved a lot of these kinds of issues.  Expiration and DB backups fly now.
System State backups (and expirations) are no longer the problem that they
were.  I should mention that we did more than just upgrade to 6.2 - we also
upgraded our server at the same time, so that might have helped a bit too.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
CIT Infrastructure / Storage Services     Fx: 607-255-8521