ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Linux HBA config for tape

2012-04-11 20:33:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] Linux HBA config for tape
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:29:37 -0400
Hi All

TSM 6.3.0.0 server under RHEL 5.7. on an IBM xSeries, Qlogic HBAs

I'm running to 2xLTO5's in a TS3310 library and have 4Gb path to the
drives. The data compresses at about 1.5:1.
I'm seeing long-running backup stg tasks average 140MB/sec from disk to
tape or tape to tape.  That is good, but it could be better.  140MB/sec
is LTO5 rated raw capacity so with this data I should be seeing 200 or a
bit more.

In a windows environment, you go into the Qlogic SanSurfer software and
tick a box that says this is a tape HBA and increases the block-size of
each transfer.  How do you do this under Linux?

Regards

Steve.

Steven Harris
TSM Admin