ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] RFE 17805

2012-03-28 14:53:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] RFE 17805
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 20:42:54 +0200
Hi all,

I submitted a RFE for TSM regarding the behavior of copy pools.

You can find the RFE via
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRFEs and search for
RFE ID 17805.

I'd like to invite all off you to vote on this RFE if you find it useful, so
that development can get a good idea of how important this FRE would be to the
customers.

Below you find the input I submitted:

be equivalent in every way, to the extend that if one pool becomes unavailable
all activity continues on the remaining pool, including write activity.

This would also involve changing the behavior of commands like delete volume,
migration, etc.

Use case:       In a dual-site setup with two tape libraries, one would want
operations to continue as seamless as possible in case of a site disaster.
Current copy storage pools can't be promoted to primary pools, so with the
current technology one has to create new storage pools on the second site, even
though a copy storage pool is already available.

Business justification: there are many dual site setup with IBM and its
customers. All data in a TSM server environment (disk) can be mirrored, but as
soon as the primary tape storage pools become unavailable, there is a lot of
manual intervention involved before normal operations can continue.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl