ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for VE - 2 TSM servers, 1 plugin

2012-03-24 09:53:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE - 2 TSM servers, 1 plugin
From: "Stackwick, Stephen" <sStackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:45:50 +0000
What the subject says.

I stumped as to how the TSM for VE plugin handles the case where there's 1
vCenter but multiple TSM servers. Do all the VMs referenced by the plugin need
to be backed up by only 1 TSM server? I can't see a way to have it recognise
datamovers backing up to different servers. I could force all the datamovers to
be on one server but then I'd be sending the data across the WAN, which makes
no sense at all. I could also reconfigure the plugin each time I want to
reference a different TSM server's datamovers, but that's pretty cumbersome.

Am I missing something here? Or is this working as designed?

Steve

STEPHEN STACKWICK | Senior Consultant | 301.518.6352 (m) | sstackwick AT icfi
DOT com<mailto:sstackwick AT icfi DOT com> | icfi.com<http://www.icfi.com/>
ICF INTERNATIONAL | 410 E. Pratt Street Suite 2214, Baltimore, MD 21202 |
410.539.1135 (o)