[ADSM-L] More tsm encryption questions
Ok. Think I have encryption working.
Tried the following experiment.
1. Added these lines to dsm.opt
include.encrypt "c:\Documents and Settings\glee.BSU\My Documents\crypt\...\*"
2. did an incremental backup to pick up the crypt folder just created and
3. deleted all files starting with "phon"
4. restored files starting with phon back to crypt folder, . Went well.
5. commented all encryption related lines out of dsm.opt.
6. removed phone* from crypt folder again.
7. restored phone* back to crypt folder.
I thought that with encryption lines removed from dsm.opt, either the
encrypted files wouldn't restore, or would be restored as garbage. Not so.
What have I missed?
Also, is there a way to verify that the specified files are truly encrypted?
Thanks again for the assistance.
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University