ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problem with Exchange backups and logs not being deleted

2012-03-20 04:24:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problem with Exchange backups and logs not being deleted
From: "Minns, Farren - Chichester" <fminns AT WILEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:14:27 +0000
Morning all,

I'm not that clued up on Exchange so I'm not sure if this is a TSM or Exchange
issue.

Basically, we have 20 Storage Groups and up until recently backups have been
running fine (have been for years). But just recently I was alerted to the fact
that four of the storage groups (coincidental all on the same drive), were not
having old log files removed after the backups. So eventually the disk just
fills up and the files have to be manually deleted.

I can see that weekly full backups and daily incremental are still running fine.

Before I get bogged down in trying to figure out exactly what's wrong, can
someone tell me if this is something that the TSM TDP for exchange should be
taking care of?

Farren

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in England
with registered number 641132.
Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex,
United Kingdom. PO19 8SQ.