ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 server restarts

2012-03-15 18:52:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 server restarts
From: "Clark, Margaret" <MClark AT SDDPC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:45:33 +0000
While we were running 6.2.2.0, we had one unpleasant occasion when the tape
drives started dropping offline one by one, and then I was unable to connect to
the server to log in.
The Linux admins said the error message indicated that the AIX box had run
itself out of memory, and recommended that I hunt through the APARs fixed in
the latest server releases to see if any memory leaks had been fixed.  We had
to reboot to get TSM running again.   I really couldn't say whether periodic
server restarts (as opposed to reboots) would have prevented the incident.

- Margaret Clark