ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM on Linux

2012-03-15 11:23:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM on Linux
From: Jeannie Bruno <jbruno AT CENHUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:17:58 -0400
Hello.  We have a couple Linux servers that we installed TSM on (had for a
while and they are backing up fine).

We installed:

TIVsm-API64.i386.rpm

TIVsm-API.i386.rpm

TIVsm-BA.i386.rpm

TIVsm-HSM.i386.rpm

I need to change the password and IP address as we are migrating from a z/OS
TSM platform to a Windows TSM platform.

I want to launch the GUI and I believe it's the dsmj executable.  Based on the
above .rpm installs, did we install the correct .rpm's to even have the TSM GUI?

I tried to launch the tsm gui and it told me I missing a java component.  But I
was under the impression that the TSM install included all the necessary
components for the GUI.

So I'm wondering if I installed the correct .rpm's.

It's a Linux 64 bit.