ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP 6.3 and Exchange 2010?

2012-03-12 10:38:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP 6.3 and Exchange 2010?
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT DA.KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:34:25 +0000
Is anyone using TDP 6.3 to run VSS backup against Exchange 2010 DAG?

We're fighting a problem where a scheduled backup is reported as "successful"
from the TSM server perspective, but according to the TDP/Exchange manager the
backup never runs.  He doesn't see any corresponding backup history in the TDP
GUI.

Setting the TDP Scheduler service to Log On As a domain account (not "Local
System") seems to let scheduled backup work, but the TDP/Exchange manager wants
to avoid password change polices by using Local System as he has for years with
Exchange 2007.

We've got a PMR open, with no progress other than "try a domain account".

Harold Vandeventer