ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] V6.3 Linux clients with 'dsmc sched' miss first backup to V6.3 Server

2012-03-06 09:02:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] V6.3 Linux clients with 'dsmc sched' miss first backup to V6.3 Server
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:59:18 -0500
When we upgraded our TSM servers from V6.2.3 to V6.3 all the Linux backup
clients on V6.3 of TSM --and running 'dsmc sched' all the time instead of
dsmcad-- missed their next backup.  When that set of clients checked-in to the
TSM server prior to their backup they received 'ANR0424W session refused -
invalid password submitted', and the 'dsmc sched' process was stopped.
Consequently that night's backup was missed.  Afterward, the admins of these
clients  could run 'dsmc q sched' and get an immediate response, with no Userid
or Password prompt. After 'dsmc sched' was restarted on these clients, their
next backups ran normally.

No Windows servers on any version of the TSM client had this problem. No Linux
clients on other releases than 6.3 had this problem. No Linux clients running
dsmcad instead of 'dsmc sched' had this problem.

Best wishes,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University