ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Deployment Engine Failed to initialize

2012-02-27 17:06:52
Subject: [ADSM-L] Deployment Engine Failed to initialize
From: George Huebschman <george.huebschman AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:57:02 -0500
We are getting the "Deployment Engine Failed to Initialize" when running
./install.bin for TSM Server 6.1 on a clean new RHEL server.
I see lots of noise out here about this error, in and out of the TSM world.

(We have another TSM installation of TSM 6.3 on a VM  that isn't even QA as
such, just a practice install.)
Documetation specifies that there be 2GB available in the home directory.
We only have 1.6 GB, BUT so does the successful 6.3 install.
We had the error on the first and subsequent 3 attempts to run the
install.  We did not find any .lock or .lck files.
I am told that SELINUX is set to permissive.

Except for the home directory, the other space guidelines were met.
The install is being done as root.

Looking at the TSM related posts about this issue, I didn't notice any for
releases after 6.1.
Is that because I didn't look hard enough?  Or, was documentation improved,
or was a bug fixed?
     Should I talk someone into 6.2 to get past this?

Most of my experience has been with 5.*
I have read the install guide (most of it) for 6.2, which is what I thought
we were installing.  Do I need to step back in documentation?

--
George Huebschman

"When you have a choice, spend money where you would prefer to work if you
had NO choice."