ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What if (NDMP)

2012-02-22 12:11:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What if (NDMP)
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:59:23 +0000
I'm glad David asked this question, because I have the same one, as I have been
digging around in the backups table trying to figure out what goes on.

The question is, if retextra is 15 and retonly is 15, and you take one full
NDMP backup followed by 20 diffs, does anything roll off?
How many fulls and diffs do you have left in the DB?

Does the retextra/retonly apply just to the fulls, or just to the diffs? Both?
How?

Wanda