ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Need some support for snapdiff RFE's

2012-02-14 00:37:23
Subject: [ADSM-L] Need some support for snapdiff RFE's
From: Grant Street <grants AT AL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:31:38 +1100
Hello

Just thought I would plug two snapdiff RFE's(Request For Enhancement)
that I created on the IBM developer works site.

I am trying to garner some support for these in the hope that they will
be implemented in the future.

I have seen that some of you have had experience with Netapp snapdiff
backups and you may have similar beliefs.

"Define snapdiff and other snap options on a per filesystem basis rather
than per backup command"
When running an incremental backup be able to define the snapdiff or
other snap option on a per filesystem basis rather than for the whole
backup incremental job.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=12858

"Snapdiff to update last backup fields in filespace data"
Could you please update the TSM snapdiff client to update the lastbackup
information of filespaces when a "query filespace f=d" is issued. This
would be the obvious behaviour and would be inline with the documented
meaning of the columns

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=13145

TIA

Grant