ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Any other ideas?

2012-02-12 04:37:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Any other ideas?
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:33:40 +0000
 Hi,
We just upgrade a customer from one library to another library.
With the new library did the customer also buy approx 2000 new LTO-5 Tapes.

But now when we are labeling them in TSM it takes forever to run label libvol.
Sure it runs automatic without our help, but still. We have 5 LTO-5 empty tape
drives that could be used for labeling at the same time, but the process only
using 1 drive at the time.

I just wonder if anyone else out their have an idea for next time how we label
tapes much faster and time effective?

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
CPU2TSM Support: http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms

Join us at Pulse 2012: http://www.ibm.com/pulse