ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Help! Select statement syntax for legal reasons

2012-02-09 13:43:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Help! Select statement syntax for legal reasons
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:35:57 -0500
-----Joni Moyer wrote: -----

>I have a situation where someone wants to know what tapes particular
>people's backup data is on for our TDP for Mail backups for the time
>period from 7/08 - 1/09.  The TSM client names are LNBRTZM3*5YR and
>the mail filesystem location is: mailx and the .nsf file names we are
>looking for are the training*.nsf and we need to know what tapes the
>data is on.
>

>LNBRTZM335YR, mail1\training.nsf
>
>LNBRTZM355YR, mail2\training2.nsf
>
>Does anyone know what the syntax of this select statement would be to
>find this information?  Any help is greatly appreciated as I was told
>I need this information by EOD and I'm not quite sure how to gather
>this from the TSM server side.  My TSM server is on AIX and is at
>5.5.5.0.

TSM files on tape are more or less routinely moved to other volumes
by reclamation processing. As far as I can tell, there are three
possible ways of dealing with this possibility: suppress reclamation
of the volumes involved, send updates to the lawyers when and if
files are move to other volumes, or respond in bad faith by implying
that today's information will remain valid indefinitely.

Thomas Denier