ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ACO5424E connect error to SQL server...

2012-01-18 10:15:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] ACO5424E connect error to SQL server...
From: Bo Krogholm Nielsen <BOKNI AT DONGENERGY DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:04:38 +0100
Hi TSM'er

I have a problem, for 3 days ago my SQL TDP backup run ok, but now I get this
error:

Connecting to SQL Server, please wait...

ACO5424E Could not connect to SQL server; SQL server returned:
Failed to connect to server XXXXXX.
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a conne
ction to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that
the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote
connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No connection could be made bec
ause the target machine actively refused it.) (HRESULT:0x80131501)

It's the same from commandline and GUI. I have the right name I TDPSQL.CFG as
show in the Query.
I have run the Query Select @@servername and the output is the right servername.
My DBA  has not made ​​any corrections.

From the Log file:

01/18/2012 14:26:47
01/18/2012 14:27:18 ACO5424E Could not connect to SQL server; SQL server
returned:
01/18/2012 14:27:18 Failed to connect to server OSVPHIST.
01/18/2012 14:27:18 A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while
establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not
accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is
configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No
connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)
(HRESULT:0x80131501)

My TSM server is 6.2.2.30
TDP version is 5.5.5.1

Med venlig hilsen/Regards
Bo Nielsen
Senior Technology Consultant
UNIX Server SAN and Backup

DONG Energy
Klædemålet 9
2100 København Ø
Tlf. +45 99 55 54 34

bokni AT dongenergy DOT dk<mailto:BOKNI AT dongenergy DOT dk>
www.dongenergy.com<http://www.dongenergy.com/>