ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Memory/CPU requirements for TSM 6.2 Storage Agent on AIX

2012-01-05 01:14:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] Memory/CPU requirements for TSM 6.2 Storage Agent on AIX
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 01:09:16 -0500
Hi All and a happy 2012 to everyone. May all your DR plans be ready for
Dec 21 ;-)

I'm looking at rolling out a number of storage agents across a SAP
landscape of AIX LPARS over multiple CECs, the plan being to backup
large databases across the AIX virtual network to a storage agent on the
same CEC and from there to VTL.  One monster TSM 6.2 instance will be in
charge.

Looking at the Support web site, the requirements for the storage agent
are nowhere spelled out, there is just a circular loop of page
references.  While I'm waiting for Passport Advantage access to be able
to raise a support ticket against this customer, I thought I'd ask you
guys.  How much memory and CPU do I need for a 6.2 storage agent in its
own AIX lpar?  P6-595s running AIX 6.1

Thanks.

Steve.

Steven Harris