ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Sanity check on PVU policy for TDP

2011-12-21 08:54:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] Sanity check on PVU policy for TDP
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:47:37 -0500
This is just a touchpoint to the group to see whether I need to schedule myself
for an Alzheimers test.  I would have sworn that at one time, the Tivoli PVU
licensing for TDP-SQLServer read such that in the case of MS Active/Passive
Clustering, you only needed to license PVU's based on the active node.  The
logic being that you could only use one node at any given time (the active
one), so you only paid for the use of the TDP based on that.  My Tivoli rep
says that has never been the case.  In spite of what my memory cells are
saying, I almost believe him, since that licensing makes sense, which would be
inconsistent with the rest of the PVU universe.  Can anyone out there either
confirm or deny the past existence of this rule, just for my own sanity?

Thanks,

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Windows Backup/Recovery
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm