ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DSMADMC login slow on TSM 6.3

2011-12-20 21:51:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] DSMADMC login slow on TSM 6.3
From: "Spearman, Wayne" <wmspearman AT NOVANTHEALTH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 21:47:28 -0500
Hello,
We have just installed TSM 6.3 on AIX 7. We are seeing a serious
slowness when we login to TSM with DSMADMC on AIX. The ID prompt comes
up fast enough but it takes anywhere from 6 to 30 seconds for the
password prompt to display. Once in everything is fine. If I use the
Windows DSMADMC to access the AIX TSM 6.3 server I do not see the
problem, the password prompt displays immediately. If I run DSMADMC from
our TSM 5.5 AIX server to access the TSM 6.3 Aix server the password
prompt comes up immediately. Putting passing the ID/PW to DSMADMC does
not help. My peers at other sites are not seeing this issue on their TSM
6.3 servers. This is killing my scripts. I've search ADSM.ORG, but did
not find anything that helped. Does anyone have any suggestions on how
to correct this problem?

Thanks,
Wayne

This message and any included attachments are from NOVANT HEALTH
INC. and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or
otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review,
forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are
not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message
and notify the sender by e-mail. If you believe that any
information contained in this message is disparaging or harassing
or if you find it objectionable please contact Novant Health, Inc.
at 1-800-350-0094 or forward the e-mail to
reports AT novanthealth DOT org. Thank you.