ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Quantum DXI Dedup appliance experiences

2011-12-20 15:43:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Quantum DXI Dedup appliance experiences
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:36:43 -0500
While a TSM environment would be best, any experiences would be
appreciated.

Since you have NetBackup I would assume you are using the DXi via OST.

We are in a vendor evaluation process, so I'm hunting for
thoughts/comments
on others experiences.  With TSM we would/will use any dedup box via
NAS/NFS primarily
(file device pools), and possibly VTL  down the road.

So I basically fishing for information, whether specific to TSM or just
general comments.

Have you had problems with the box?
Has Quantum supplied good support?
Would you purchase one again?
If you have experience with DD, how does it compare?

Thanks!

Rick