ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Using Datadomain for replication

2011-12-12 13:10:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Using Datadomain for replication
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:55:51 -0500
That's fine, but it will fail even though you point the host entry to the DR
box. This is CIFS and the \\hostname\backup has to match the one of the DDR
you're pointing to. By default on the DDR the hostname is the CIFS NBT name
used. You can change the CIFS NBT name to something different (CIFS SET
nb-hostname <nb-hostname>) ...like the original servername in the devclass
without changing the hostname in the DDR. But that could lead to confusion.

Plus the target of the DDR replication is read-only. You'll have to break
the replication or make sure you don't write to those volumes.

I was hoping  to use a drive letter mapping for my DDR, but the question is
how to do this for a service that runs at startup. I have my TSM Server1
service set to run-as a local user that is also defined on the DDR so
authentication just passes on through. But how to map a drive automatically
when the service starts or the server starts....????

Then I could just do a snapshot of the target DDR ( as long as it's not
container replication) map my drive to the read/write snapshot and proceed
on.