ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Migration Related

2011-12-07 00:44:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Migration Related
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 23:38:39 -0600
This has been the migration strategy we adopted, and are right now in
the middle of. New server machine, new TSM version, the client nodes
make fresh, new backups spread over a period of time. The old system
gradually expires away until you can get rid of it.

Run the new server on 6.2.3, instead of 6.3.0, for better supported
working with existing V5 servers. V6.3 with V5.5 is not supported.
However V6.2.3 does support working with V5.5, and it will be supported
for a while. You could do this migration first to V6.2.3, and then
upgrade to the very latest version later easily.

"You know you're a geek when... You try to shoo a fly away from the
monitor with your cursor. That just happened to me. It was scary."