ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] dr tape process

2011-11-29 15:27:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] dr tape process
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:13:35 -0500
-----Tim Brown wrote: -----

>We have tested our dr process before with no issues, We reload the
>DB, mark primary tapes as destroyed,
>
>Then the copy tapes as reado
>
>But this time when we perform the restore it appears to be trying to
>access the primary tapes still
>
>14.19.03  ANR1424W Read access denied for volume A01869 - volume
>access mode="destroyed".
>
>14.19.03  ANR0548W Retrieve or restore failed for session 27 for
>node BRUNEI (Linux86)

We have seen behavior like this during DR tests for two reasons:
1.The copy pool tape that should have been used was not
  physically present in the tape library.
2.The physical tape library was divided into multiple virtual
  tape libraries (sometimes called logical libraries), and the
  copy pool volume was in the physical library but not assigned
  to the appropriate virtual library.