ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Linux TSM Server & discovering scsi tape drives

2011-10-28 14:40:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Linux TSM Server & discovering scsi tape drives
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:33:20 -0400
Have you installed the lin_tape drivers and/or daemon?

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21397283

From:   "Moyer, Joni M" <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date:   10/28/2011 02:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

We're in the process of trying to set up a new TSM 6.2.3.0 Linux server
and we are trying to configure the tape drives to the OS.  Would anyone
happen to know what needs to be done?  We have already zoned the tape
drives to hba's on the linux server, but we still do not see the drives.
(Even after reboot.)

Any suggestions?

Just let me know.  Thanks!

solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the
author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do
not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or
affiliates.