ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Performance 5.5 vs 6.2

2011-10-27 02:30:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Performance 5.5 vs 6.2
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 08:24:51 +0200
First off, to determine if your hardware is enough, it would be useful to know
the size of your envinvironment (db size, amount of daily data, total amount of
data).

As for 6.2 in general, the internal housekeeping of TSM is alot faster. One of
the main issues for alot of people during 5.5 was expiration processing. With
the new features such as multi-threading, expiration now goes alot faster.

TSM 6.2 requires abit more hardware, but overall, all environments I've
upgraded this far has seen performance increase across the board. So I believe
the risk that your performance would go down to be very, very small.

I think IBM mentioned somewhere that overall database performance has been
increase threefolded with the implementation of DB2 as a database engine.

Best Regards

Daniel

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB