ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Check signals on Power vs. x86...

2011-10-12 12:29:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Check signals on Power vs. x86...
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:21:34 +0200
I would love to see a performance test between a big x3850 intel machine
running linux and a power machine in the same price range on AIX, I think
the power machine is going to get a decent challenge. I even doubt it will
win that race but there is more to a TSM server than raw performance as said
before. The aix lvm, device drivers and great long lasting TSM support for
each major release are amongst the big advantages.
I am on my 5th sles version in i think 7 years of running TSM on sles and
upgrades are a bit more of a hassel than with AIX. AIX 5.3 just now lost
support with TSM 6.3!