ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm client for exchange perfornce question

2011-10-05 14:21:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm client for exchange perfornce question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:16:44 -0400
Hi Gary,

For Legacy backups, RESOURCUTILIZATION will not do anything.
BUFFERS and BUFFERSIZE default to the optimum value as tested in the lab.
There is some discussion in the book about BUFFER and BUFFERSIZE,
but as with any "tuning" option, your mileage may vary.

For VSS backups, RESOURCUTILIZATION may help. It depends on
how your physical data is spread across your volumes.
For VSS backups, RESOURCUTILIZATION needs to be placed into
the DSM.OPT file for the DSMAGENT (not the DP/Exchange one).

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 10/05/2011
01:22:33 PM: