ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool

2011-10-04 01:44:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 07:41:13 +0200
> If someone puts a high-caliber bullet through my Gainesville DD, then
> I recover it from the replicated offsite DD, perhaps selecting a snapshot.
>
> If someone puts a high-caliber bullet through both of them, then I
> have lost my backups of a bunch of important databases.

And if you have a logical error on your primary box, which is then replicated
to your 2nd box? Or even worse, a hash conflict?

I dont consider someone putting a bullet through both the boxes a high risk, I
do however consider other errors to be more of a high risk.

Best Regards

Daniel

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB